The 7 Best Bronzer Brushes
We only recommend products we love and that we think you will, too. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team.
How To Apply Bronzer (The Right Way)
As for how you apply your bronzer, every makeup artist has a different technique, but a general rule of thumb is to apply it where the sun would naturally touch your face. (Makeup artist Lisa Eldridge has a great YouTube video on bronzing and contouring basics, FYI). After you have your base makeup on, use your bronzer along your cheeks, sweeping the brush up towards your temples in a 'C' shape. You'll want to sweep the bronzer across your forehead, as well as across the bridge of your nose, and you can bring your bronzer down your neck to ensure that the skin there is the same shade as your face. No matter which bronzer or brush you use, you always want to start with less product on your brush, building up the color intensity and thoroughly blending the makeup into your skin as you work.
Shop The Best Bronzer Brushes
In a hurry? Here are the best bronzer brushes:
- Best Under $5: e.l.f. Cosmetics Flawless Face Brush
- Best Powder Bronzer Brush: Real Techniques Ultra Plush Powder Makeup Brush
- Best Liquid Bronzer Brush: Sigma Beauty F80 Flat Kabuki Brush
- Best Cream Bronzer Brush: EcoTools Wonder Cover Complexion Brush
- Best Travel-Size Bronzer Brush: Laura Geller Retractable Airbrush Kabuki Brush
- Best Body Bronzer Brush: GOERTI Professional Body Makeup Brush
- Best Splurge: Artis Elite Rose Gold Oval 7
About The Author:
Marissa DeSantis has worked as a beauty writer and editor for nearly 10 years. Her pieces can be found across print and digital publications like Bustle, Evening Standard, Teen Vogue, and InStyle.