LAST REVISED: MAY 20, 2020
Information We Collect
Information we collect directly from you
We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you create an account, place an order, ask to receive emails, or interact with us on social media. The types of personal data we may collect directly from you include:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, Internet Protocol address, shipping address, and phone number, and other similar contact data;
- Account information, such as your username, password, password hints, answers to security questions and other information for authentication and account access;
- Billing information, such as credit card details (including your three-digit or four-digit security code) and billing address;
- Demographic information, such as your company or business information professional experiences, educational background, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, interests, preferences and favorites; and
- Any other information you choose to provide, such as questions, feedback and other communications between you and us.
Information about your use of our Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the products you buy or express interest in.
Information we collect from other sources
When you access the Services through a social network, we collect information from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions. The information we may collect includes your name, picture, and email address. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Information we collect by automated means
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, and which emails you may have opened); and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
We may associate this information with your Artis account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with Artis.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to deliver the products you request, to maintain and customize your account and our interactions with you, and to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about our Services;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions;
- Conduct or administer surveys and other market research; and
Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud or other illegal activity.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment and third-party payment services, such as Stripe or PayPal, customer service, and marketing support;
- With select partners as a part of co-sponsored promotions;
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of Artis, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, and protect against legal liability;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among current and future parents of Artis, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent and at your direction.
When you provide a product review or other user content, that content will be publicly posted. We may also share aggregate or de-identified data that does not identify you personally.
Your Rights and Choices
Managing or deleting your Artis account
You may review, update, or modify your account information, including profile and contact information, at any time by logging into your Artis account. You may delete your Artis account through your account settings or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Opting out of email marketing
You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. If you opt out of receiving such communications, note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as order confirmation emails or emails about changes to our legal terms).
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Our Services are not designed for children and do not knowingly collect personal data from children. Children mean persons less than 13 years of age and, in certain jurisdictions, under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.Data Transfers
Artis is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and entities in the United States and other countries. As such, we may transfer your personal data to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, we process your personal data when:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Artis products you have ordered).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so.
Data subject requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, updated, or erased. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may email us at email@example.com. If you have an Artis account, you may also review, update, and delete certain personal data by logging into your account.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our practices concerning the processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
SMS / MMS Mobile Messaging Marketing Program
We respect your privacy. We will only use information you provide through the
Program to transmit your mobile messages and respond to you, if necessary.
This includes, but is not limited to, sharing information with platform providers,
phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of mobile
messages. WE DO NOT SELL, RENT, LOAN, TRADE, LEASE, OR
OTHERWISE TRANSFER FOR PROFIT ANY PHONE NUMBERS OR
CUSTOMER INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE PROGRAM TO
ANY THIRD PARTY. Nonetheless, We reserve the right at all times to disclose
any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental
request, to avoid liability, or to protect Our rights or property. When you complete
forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Program,
you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to
use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If,
in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate,
or incomplete, or you have opted into the Program for an ulterior purpose, We
may refuse you access to the Program and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are
California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the
information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct
marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following
c/o Artis Returns Department
P.O. Box 143
Red Hook, NY 12571
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
The security of all information provided to Artis is important to us, and Artis takes reasonable steps designed to protect your Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Artis strives to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Artis, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your own passwords. If you have reason to believe that your passwords or information provided to us is no longer secure, please promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request, once a year free of charge, notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Artis does not share your information with third-parties for their own marketing purposes.Artis LLC
P.O. Box 143
Red Hook, NY 12571
P.O. Box 143
Red Hook, NY 12571