Terms & Conditions
Terms & ConditionsThis page contains the terms & conditions. Please read these terms & conditions carefully before ordering any products from us. You should understand that by ordering any of our products, you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions. By placing an order at Artis, you warrant that you are at least 18 years old (or have parents' permission to buy from us) and accept these terms & conditions which shall apply to all orders placed or to be placed at Artis for the sale and supply of any products. None of these terms & conditions affect your statutory rights. No other terms or changes to the terms & conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing signed by us.
Personal InformationAll personal information you provide us with or that we obtain will be handled by Artis as responsible for the personal information. The personal information you provide will be used to ensure deliveries to you, the credit assessment, to provide offers and information on our catalog to you. The information you provide is only available to Artis and will not be shared with other third parties. You have the right to inspect the information held about you. You always have the right to request Artis to delete or correct the information held about you. By accepting the Artis Conditions, you agree to the above.
Force MajeureEvents outside Artis control, which is not reasonably foreseeable, shall be considered force majeure, meaning that Artis is released from Artis obligations to fulfill contractual agreements. Example of such events are government action or omission, new or amended legislation, conflict, embargo, fire or flood, sabotage, accident, war, natural disasters, strikes or lack of delivery from suppliers. The force majeure also includes government decisions that affect the market negatively and products, for example, restrictions, warnings, ban, etc.
PatentsArtis Brushes are patent-protected globally, and one US patent reference is 29/425,384.
PaymentAll products remain Artis property until full payment is made. The US$ price applicable is set at the date on which you place your order. Shipping costs and payment fees are recognized before confirming the purchase. If you are under 18 years old you must have parents' permission to buy from Artis. All transfers conducted through Artis are handled and transacted through third party dedicated gateways to guarantee your protection. Card information is not stored and all card information is handled over SSL encryption. Please read the terms & conditions for the payment gateway chosen for the transaction as they are responsible for the transactions made.
Discounts and PromotionsbyArtis.com offers and discounts may not be combined with any other offers or discounts or applied retroactively on orders. All offers and discounts exclude subscription services and gift sets, unless otherwise explicitly stated.
Price AdjustmentsIf promotions are held or products marked down after you've placed your order (excluding clearances and final sale orders), written requests for price adjustments will be honored up to 7 days from original purchase date only for items purchased on byArtis.com. Price adjustments (excluding taxes) are issued in the form of store credit as an e-gift card to be used on a future purchase on byArtis.com. We are only able to make that price adjustment while the lower price is still available, and cannot price match expired sale prices. There will be no price adjustments for shipping or clearance and final sale orders."
Samples and Gifts with PurchaseAll samples and promotional offers such as GWPs (gifts with purchase) are limited one per order and subject to availability. Due to the limited nature of samples and GWPs, we are unable to re-ship them if they arrive damaged or are missing. Additionally, all samples and GWPs must be redeemed during checkout as we are unable to add them to an order once the order is placed.
Final SaleItems purchased as "final sale" are not eligible for return or replacement without exception. Promotions including promo codes do not apply to "final sale" items. Final Sale items include but are not limited to Limited Edition Gift Sets, Fluenta Collection brushes, and Collection Displayer Sets. All marked down items on the Warehouse Sale, Pop-Up Shop, Final Sale or Try Artis collection pages are final sale, as noted in the product description. The Artis Warehouse Sale, Anniversary Sale and Final Sale may include factory seconds, products with outdated packaging, discontinued products, and brushes with possible minor cosmetic damage such as tarnishing, minimal scratches on the handles or uneven fibres in the brushes. All final sale items are available in limited quantities while supplies last. In cases when an item runs out of stock after your order is placed, we reserve the right to provide a partial refund or contact you to exchange the item for another of equal value. Prices and discounts are subject to change without notice. All sales are final. Prices as marked and promotions do not apply. There will be no price adjustments or replacements for items purchased as "final sale.”
Artis Cancellation / Change Policy:All of our orders are processed as quickly as possible. Once an order is submitted and confirmed no changes can be made. Please be sure to verify all the details of your order before finalizing your order. For information on returning unused product, please refer to the Return Policy.
Warranty TermsArtis warranties the original purchaser of our brushes for up to 1 year from date of original purchase from an authorized retailer due to any potential manufacturing defect. This Limited Warranty applies only to normal use of the brush, normal wear and tear excepted, in accordance with written use instructions, if any, provided with the brush or brush set (either in writing or through a hyperlink to such instructions). Our Limited Warranty does not apply to any damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, failure to follow application instructions, improper or inadequate cleaning and maintenance, tarnishing from abnormal use, makeup or debris buildup within the brush fibre bundle, lost or stolen product, or other external causes. Limit (1) brush replacement per transaction. If you discover a defect and notify Artis during the warranty period, Artis will, at its discretion, replace the brush for a replacement fee of $25. For customers within the United States shipping and duties will be included. For customers outside the United States, you will have to pay any shipping costs and duties. If the brush is exchanged, the replacement product becomes your property and the defective brush becomes the property of Artis. When a refund is given, the returned brush becomes the property of Artis. For the replacement to be considered, you will need to supply Artis electronically with the following information: Retailer’s name and address Date of purchase Receipt Photographs of the defective brush (front and back) Independent laboratory testing confirms Artis brushes withstand a force of at least 40 pounds before any structural stressing may occur. Artis brushes work best with gentle gliding motions, rather than forced pressure. Excessive pressure that may result in a damaged brush infringes on recommended usage and does not warrant a replacement. Artis stands behind our product design and application technique. For more information on how to achieve the best results and properly care for your brushes, visit our Instagram page (@byArtis).
No Other WarrantiesTo the maximum extent permitted by law, this warranty and the remedies set forth above are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies and conditions, whether oral or written, express or implied. Artis specifically disclaims any and all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. If Artis cannot lawfully disclaim or exclude implied warranties under applicable law, then to the extent possible any claims under such implied warranties shall expire on expiration of the warranty period. No Artis reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty.
Damage LimitationTo the maximum extent permitted by law, Artis is not responsible for direct, or for special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including without limitation medical or health costs or lost wages or income.
Consumer ProtectionFor consumers who have the benefit of consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of purchase or, if different, their country of residence, that cannot be disclaimed as set forth above ("consumer laws"), the benefits conferred by this warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed by such consumer laws. To the extent that liability under such consumer laws may be limited, the liability of Artis is limited, at its sole option, to a replacement of the product or refund of the purchase price.
SMS/MMS Mobile Marketing Program Terms and ConditionsFor information on the terms & conditions of our mobile messaging marketing program, please click here.
Holiday Gifting 2021All Holiday gift sets are final sale and may not be eligible for discount. Travel Case finish is subject to change based on availability. Offers are valid while supplies last and subject to change at any time.
MONOGRAPH PORTFOLIOSMonograph Collections are final sale and not eligible for returns. May not be eligible for discounts.
BLACK FRIDAYThe Black Friday offerings will be live from Monday 11/22/21 @10AM ET to Sunday 11/28/21 @10AM ET. Each day a new offer will be available beginning @10AM ET and expire the following day @10AM ET. Offers must be redeemed through the provided promo code which must be applied to the cart prior to checkout. Promo codes are limited to a fixed amount as stated and will show invalid if it is no longer available. Promo codes cannot be applied retroactively. Limit one promo code per order. Gift sets are excluded from promotions. Offers are valid while supplies last and are subject to change at any time.
ARTIS Swarovski Crystal Brush SweepstakesOFFICIAL RULES
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States and is construed and evaluated according to New York law. Do not enter this Promotion if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the United States at the time of entry.
By participating in the Artis Swarovski Crystal Brush Sweepstake (the “Promotion”), each entrant (or his, her or their parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his, her or their state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Artis LLC (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and selection of entries and the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to: (i) legal residents of the United States (ii) who are 18 years of age or older as of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below) (or his, her or their parent or legal guardian if the entrant is under the age of majority in his, her or their state of residence) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor; and (iii) who make a purchase of at least $75.00 worth of Artis products (before discounts, special offers or promotions are applied) on the ByArtis website, www.byartis.com, during the Promotion Period only (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). For an alternate method of entry, please see below in Section 6 under the caption “Alternate Method of Entry.” Entrants under the legal age of majority in his, her or their state of residence must have permission to enter the Promotion from his, her or their parent or legal guardian. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, retailers and distributors of Sponsor’s products, vendors, and agencies and immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse and his, her or their respective spouses, regardless of where he, she or they reside) and those living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter to win. Void outside of the United States.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins each day at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends each day at 11:59 PM ET beginning on Friday November 26, 2021 and ends on Tuesday November 30, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, shall serve as the official timekeeper for the Promotion.
3. HOW TO MAKE ENTRIES: To make Entries for the Promotion, you must complete the following steps: Step 1 – During the Promotion Period, for each Entry, you must make a purchase of at least $75.00 worth of Artis products (before discounts, special offers or promotions are applied) on the ByArtis website, www.byartis.com. To be valid, Entries must be received each day no later than 11:59 PM ET and no later than November 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: There is no limit on the number of Entries per person. HIGHER ORDER VALUES PER ENTRY WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. In case of dispute, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted with or associated with the Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The use of multiple email addresses by one (1) person for the same Entry is specifically prohibited and may cause disqualification. The prize winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. MINIMUM ENTRIES. The minimum number of Entries for this Promotion is 15 per each day of the Promotion. In the sole discretion of the Sponsor, if the minimum of Entries is not satisfied by each day during the Promotion Period, the Promotion Period may be extended or the Promotion may be cancelled.
6. ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY. Alternate Method of Entry or "AMOE": You may also enter for a chance to win the Artis Swarovski Crystal Brush Sweepstake, by emailing a letter to Artis LLC, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Artis Swarovski Crystal Brush Sweepstake - Email Entry”. DO NOT SEND ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. Email must be received by Sponsor no later than THE DEADLINE DATE FOR PURCHASE ENTRIES. Each request must be emailed in a separate email. Requests that are sent in that are computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced, that are not emailed in separate emails, or that otherwise fail to comply with the Official Rules, will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned.
7. PRIZE: Sixty (60) winners (15 for each day) will receive a Artis Swarovski Crystal Brush. The estimated retail value of the Artis Swarovski Crystal Brushes to be awarded as part of the Promotion is $180-$250 USD. Actual value of prize may vary and Sponsor will not award the difference between approximate and actual value. Please allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery from the time a winner provides delivery information to Sponsor. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the winner. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion, unless such substitution is prohibited by law. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any prize is returned undeliverable. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted, redeemed for cash, or exchanged.
SPONSOR MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ARTIS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY NONINFRINGEMENT.
8. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. HIGHER ORDER VALUES WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
9. WINNER SELECTION: Sixty (60) potential winning Entrants will be selected by random drawing on or around December 1, 2021. The potential winning Entrant will be contacted via email address provided to Artis or used to make the qualifying purchase. If the potential winning Entrant is determined by Sponsor to be ineligible, unqualified to participate in this Promotion, in violation of these Official Rules, or does not respond to Sponsor’s correspondence within 24 hours, the potential winning Entrant may be disqualified and a new potential winning Entrant will be selected by random drawing, and the process will be repeated three (3) times until a winning Entrant is selected who is eligible for and receives the grand prize.
10. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: The potential winning Entrant may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) in accordance with the instructions listed in the notification correspondence. Any Entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor may be disqualified. If a potential winning Entrant is considered a minor in the legal jurisdiction in which the Entrant resides, then that Entrant’s parent or legal guardian may be required to execute and return the Affidavit. Non- compliance with these Official Rules or failure to return all required documentation by the stated deadline or Sponsor’s inability to contact an Entrant (using the contact information provided) within a reasonable time period, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion may result in disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize.
11. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of the Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, hometown, state and any other information submitted to Sponsor by Entrant for promotional Purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide, without further payment, compensation, approval or permission. By entering the Promotion, all Entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Sponsor, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (including photographs submitted and along with a name credit) in connection with the Promotion and promotion of the Promotion, in any media now or hereafter known.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential winning Entrants are subject to Sponsor’s verification. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Potential winners must comply with the Official Rules, and receipt of grand prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the Promotion will be void. Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false Entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the Entry process. Sponsor has the sole discretion to disqualify Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is deemed detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other Entrant. Sponsor has no obligation to return any Entry, if applicable, submitted by a disqualified Entrant.
13. RELEASE: As a condition of participating in the Promotion, Entrants release Artis, in all its capacities, including as the Sponsor and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, marketing, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) from liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including property damage, personal injury and death that may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or possession, acceptance or use of prizes or participation in any Promotion-related activities and claims based on publicity rights, copyright or trademark infringement, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; human errors; technical malfunctions; lost, stolen, deleted, mutilated, mis-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or untimely Entries that may limit Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence; failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, or defects of any telephone network, computer online system, computer equipment, servers, providers, or software, including any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer relating to participation or inability to participate in the Promotion; inability to access the site or upload information or data; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or the Internet or any website or for any other reason whatsoever; printing or other errors; or any combination thereof. Proof of uploading information or data or entering information at the site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Illegible, duplicate and incomplete Entries will be disqualified. False, fraudulent, or deceptive Entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor, render Entrants ineligible and all associated Entries will be void.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
16. DISPUTES & GOVERNING LAW: Each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state courts in New York, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, and in no event will any Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or any other legal costs; (3) that under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Promotion will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and the Sponsor of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Official Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in New York, New York, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants or Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
17. WINNER LIST: To obtain a winner list by mail, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Artis Swarovski Crystal Brush Sweepstake”, Artis LLC, P.O. Box 143, Red Hook, NY 12571. Sponsor will send requested winner lists within 4-6 weeks after the grand prize is awarded. Requests for the winner list must be received by December 31, 2020. VT residents may omit return postage.
18. SPONSOR: Artis LLC, Artis LLC, P.O. Box 143, Red Hook, NY 12571.